Subscribe to Amazon Kindle

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Upon Further Review


We’ve all heard of writer’s block, but until last week I had never really experienced it. Frustrated, I considered taking down my “It’s NOT Just You!” shingle. I heard from an audience member today who admonished me soundly for such thinking. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I could not quit and I was not fired. So what choice do I have but to continue sharing my thoughts with at least one person each week.
The reader went on to suggest I take a “fake-ation”. I’ve never heard, nor used, the term, but being of reasonable intelligence and imagination I inferred that a hiatus was due me. And a hiatus I will take.
It will not be idly spent, though. I am still in the midst of establishing Cox-Ükr Wine  (Cox-UkrWine.com) as a rare combination of unique labeling and great wine. Funny how some choose to pronounce it, but who am I to judge?
Additionally, on May 1st I will embark on an around the country cross-country in my Cirrus SR22. My goal is to land at least once in each of the contiguous 48 states. Some stops figure prominently in my history while others will be at random. This journey will take a brief respite in Amarillo, TX on May 8th where I will begin 5 days of storm chasing. Then, should I survive that adventure, my flights will continue eastward. And the entire trek will be briefly chronicled daily on my Facebook Page for those that may want to keep an eye on me.
The idea is to put everything together in a book interspersed with various and sundry anecdotes from my careers in military and airline aviation. The project is attractive and I hope I can pull it off and then put it down in a format that others find enjoyable and informative.
So much for a fake-ation, huh? But, hey, I’ve been writing every week for over three years so I think a break is in order. Hell, Europeans take six weeks off every year. Of course, their economies are all fucked up, so maybe they should emulate the worker bees in the USA. (Of course, our economy is all fucked up, so who’s to say?)
My thanks to the one that saw fit to reach out and give me the kick in the pants that I apparently needed. And we all do from time to time, you know. Otherwise, the bastards get us down and we can have none of that!

No comments: