Subscribe to Amazon Kindle

Monday, August 20, 2012

Final Thoughts


Over the past two weeks or so, I have been inundated with potential subjects for an opinion piece. From the election cycle to foreign affairs to global warming to banking to just about anything at all, my mind has been abuzz. Yet nothing has been put to paper until this moment. This feeling of being overwhelmed leads me to once again re-think my continued efforts along these lines (figuratively and literally).

Cyberspace allows each of us the opportunity to express ourselves. Unfortunately, the same could be said for attending a sports event. In such cases, the voices are so numerous and diverse that a cacophony results offering little or no organized pattern. So, as we each post our opinions, it becomes increasingly difficult to garner the attention of the reader.

I’ll be honest: I never considered myself to be any kind of Messiah, but did think that my approach and “It’s NOT Just You”-ology might strike a nerve that could well lead to some small revenue stream of public speaking and the like. Much like those in many parts of the country today, the stream is dry. As a matter of fact, it has seen little, if any, monetary moisture.

So, while my effort costs nothing (other than the effort itself) I find myself lacking the drive to continue. Maybe retirement has affected me in such a way where I am no longer regularly subjected to the insanities of society. I live far from the madding crowd at the end of a one lane road on 40 acres. I venture out occasionally, but rarely to venues that offer a complete immersion into the daily challenges most have come to call home.

I am financially secure and in good health. Many of the decisions made today by my political leaders will have little or no impact upon me or my wife. And with no children to inherit the messes created today, my worries are few. While still able to get passionate about some of the greater contradictions going on about me, I’ve come to realize that my two cents are lost in the din of others more strident and/or flamboyant.

So I bid you, once again, adieu. I do not ask for validation nor will I be convinced to begin yet anew upon receiving any urgings from the few that enjoy my ramblings. I can’t help but think that others can fill the small void I leave quite admirably.

We live in a crazy world at a crazy time.  No surprise, though, since each generation has lamented the same words. But don’t let the bastards get you down. Expect more...demand more...and don’t for a minute ever think that you, alone, are frustrated. Share your feelings with others at every opening and soon you’ll see that it, in fact, is NOT just you!

All the best...

No comments: